Reply To: Minimum connection times – a questionCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Minimum connection times – a question Reply To: Minimum connection times – a question

stevescoots
Participant

I have not actually missed a flight but had a 1 hour transit which assured was enough from BA in LHR that due to waiting for a stand was 30 minutes late getting off resulting in a sprint from A to C gates, some argy bargy in security to get through and I was last to board the flight. Unfortunately my bags didn’t make it.

I have been refused a flight despite being inside the transit time. NWI-AMS, we landed and got out of plane on time and I was at the gate to board next flight to CAN just as it opened, however I was refused to board on the basis that they did not have enough time to security check my bags, despite them being checked in NWI. There was a bit of a row as this was either BS and they had actually just oversold the plane or in fact the stated transit time was not long enough. I ended up being put on another flight 4 hours later to CAN via DBX, it was that or wait 24 hours for the next direct flight!