Reply To: Ultimate Airport Dubai television showCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Ultimate Airport Dubai television show Reply To: Ultimate Airport Dubai television show

TheCount
Participant

Lacking the great characters of the BBC’s old Airport docusoap like the wonderful Aeroflot station manager, the series tried to wring drama out of the most mundane situations. I counted three uses of the word “massive” in just one episode. There was a constant annoying inference that lethal drama was about to unfold, as when a A380 (I think it belonged to Qantas, though oddly the logo had been pixilated) returned with an engine problem. The overblown commentary and shaky shots of distant lights seemed calculated to make you feel that all on board would perish. On the rare occasions when mildly interesting things did happen, such as the discovery of Snakes On A Plane, or at least in luggage, the dialogue badly needed a rewrite: “ooh, I don’t like snakes” said a harassed lady. She was almost as boring as the trainee flight attendant in Lion’s BA series who was accused of not being premium enough. The Aeroflot guy could have done SO much better. More seriously I do agree with another poster: the series slightly put me off transiting DXB. Give me a freedom-loving airport like Pyongyang any day. One felt if a sesame seed was discovered on your shoe or your credit card was declined in Duty Free, the bony-faced cop would haul you off to Death Row with a concurrent sentence for fraud.