Reply To: Ultimate Airport Dubai television show

Back to Forum

Schaible
Participant

Thank you very much AOTG, I did not want to offend you. Just my impression.

As an example: From an objective documentary I would not expect to mention multiple times that the A380 with jet engine issues causing 15 hours delay is “NOT an Emirates aircraft”. It was a Qantas A380 which one could recognize despite avoiding showing details.

I lived in the Middle East for 4 years and can say for sure that in this part of the world immigration, customs, CID or any law enforcement organization won’t let you film the arrest and investigation of a drug case. Come on, this is not the US. Everything staged!

This is why I suspect Emirates Airlines & Dubai Airport Authority were deciding on the screenplay and financially contributing to the production. If only one of those two points apply I would clearly declare it as self promotion and PR documentary.

BTW, I have traveled to, from or via DXB well over a hundred times and never was impressed by that airport, regardless of Emirates’ sloppy service performance and the packed lounges with the flair of a fish market.

It is incorrectly asserted in this documentary that DXB is “the world’s busiest airport”! To stick with the truth: in 2014 DXB was only 7th by passengers and 6th by freight.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls