Reply To: LGW – UnimpressedCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports LGW – Unimpressed Reply To: LGW – Unimpressed

CXDiamond
Participant

I’ve just been through LGW for the first time in many years in fact the last time was using GB Airways to GIB when the North Terminal was about three months old.

In the main I found the staff more pleasant than at LHR particularly in security.

I travelled to JER to spend a few days with an old friend. I understand the BA check in area is new, it didn’t look it and nothing was different to my memory but what is all the fuss about. That premium check in was as far from the entry to the terminal as it was possible to get was a most unusual arrangement. It was also absolutely nothing special.

Security was fine with no wait at all and was staffed by polite and pleasant people. Once through there the route to the lounge which was completely different to the one I remember was clearly signed. The lounge itself was nothing special and the F section like a middle of the road business lounge.

Boarding was well managed.

On return luggage delivery was poor which I believe is a feature of LGW, it took over thirty five minutes and priority tags were a waste of the paper they were on.

So the security experience was certainly better than LHR which is the place I dislike most of all those I go to. The remainder of the experience was far from premium. Given the nature of the main operators at the airport, if BA want to create a premium experience for their F & C passengers then they need to try much harder but then that’s the reality of BA. More effort needed.

I’ll write a brief review of the flights and post separately.