Reply To: LGW – Unimpressed

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

TimFitzgeraldTC – 08/01/2015 10:43 GMT
I think many of us who are Sussex / Kent fare prefer Gatwick as an start/end destination.

In fairness to you Tim, I have indeed flown to/from Gatwick many many times and other than a long-ish wait to get through security, I’ve never really had any issues. I just found the connection thing a little confusing, I’d just flown overnight so perhaps wasn’t at my best in a Hermitage-fuelled-sleep-deprived kinda way, but I would have thought they’d have had a flight connection offering of some description, been a while since I’ve had to go land-side to go back air-side again.

One plus side is that I would highly recommend the Sofitel at the North terminal, have stayed there twice now and both times I’d rate the stay as excellent, we ate there this time and the food was surprisingly good too. (I’m not a fan of airport hotels).

My complaints aside, I still think I’d choose LGW over LHR, even without the flight connection thing, unless I could do Little Red and VS again where they bus you to the lounge, but that is to stop by all accounts.

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls