Reply To: LGW – Unimpressed

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Apologies if my post wasn’t clear.

My bags were indeed checked through to EDI from MCO thanks to BA, the flight itself was very…..BA. British Average – but the fare was excellent so can’t really complain, you gets what you pays for and all that. Back to my arrival into LGW, as a seasoned traveller I was a little confused as I looked and looked for flight connections signs only to find none, there are signs on the pillars advising connecting passengers to follow “baggage reclaim” then in baggage reclaim the signage ceases.

You literally pass the luggage carousel, out into the arrivals hall, up in the elevator to departures then back through security – which was packed and only one line in their ‘priority’ service.

Maybe I am a little spoiled with my home airport of EDI which I almost always find helpful, friendly and easy to get through using their fast line – which in my experience is not fast in name only. And the staff there seem to not have a dismal attitude toward their paying customers. Albeit they are currently having some teething issues with their new security area……too much technology not enough thought process methinks.

Oh well, another learning experience I suppose…..it was a holiday so perhaps I should have looked at it via ‘vacation’ eyes.

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls