Reply To: LGW – Unimpressed

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

I have, in the past, been openly critical of LHR as I find their staff rude and the security even worse. I’m just back from a Christmas/New Year break in America and found LGW to be just as bad.

There is no flight connection service at LGW – which I didn’t know as I’ve only ever used this airport to get to/from Scotland. I de-planed from America then had to go land side then back through security to catch my LGW – EDI flight. Their ‘premium’ security lane was terrible, I’d have definitely been quicker going via the regular security.

BA lounge was very average and overcrowded, no hot food at all.

And then I am heading to gate, hand over my boarding pass to gate goon (he is talking to another employee) with a “good morning” from me only for him to continue chatting with his fellow member of staff. My; “Sorry to interrupt” line was met with a scorn. This was not a BA gate, the one at 55 which leads to A/B/C/D etc etc….some random LGW employee clearly loving his work and looking after his customers.

That’s the only time I can recall flying internationally via LGW – don’t know that I’d be in a massive hurry to repeat it.

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls