Reply To: Video: Gatwick Demolishes Pier 1, Part of £1.2bn InvestmentCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Video: Gatwick Demolishes Pier 1, Part of £1.2bn Investment Reply To: Video: Gatwick Demolishes Pier 1, Part of £1.2bn Investment

DutchinSwitzerland
Participant

Although I haven’t traveled there for quite a while I always liked Gatwick for the good connection it has with downtown London. Despite what some other posters mentioned I also never had an issue with transport between downtown and Stansted. On their website they make some interesting observations with regards to how they can relieve the capacity pressures at LHR but I guess it all comes down to the willingness of ailrines to move their operations away from LHR and focus on LGW. Would there be an opportunity for the government to impose certain regulations that would force arilines (or an alliance) to shift their operations? For instance could LHR become a pure OneWorld (and maybe one other alliance)airport and can others be forced to use LGW as their connection? If they further improve the connectivity towards downtown with more frequent/higher speed trains it certainly would be an interesting option. I certainly don’t envy the people sitting on the commissions to write recommendations……