Reply To: Schiphol airport’s €1bn plansCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Schiphol airport’s €1bn plans Reply To: Schiphol airport’s €1bn plans

MarcusUK
Participant

I have to point out also, that it can be far cheaper to fly out of AMS with KLM Business Class, on Z fares, with sales from NL’s

If you purchase you return from wherever in the UK, (LHR for eg, it is £99) return base price, then you do Not pay business or Premium seat Government taxes, Many Airlines also increase the fuel surcharge for long haul business tickets A return on Malaysian from LHR – KUL with miles redmption, is over £950 with charges taxes included for two business fares., and NO fare! From AMS it would have been £298.
I paid this in Nov 2012… and only as MH had the A380 services.

I return this week with KLM from Far East, Z Business fare was £1,350 return. I used an LCY return for £99 giving me an extra 48 hrs each end in AMS.
Etihad also had fares adding no Government taxes, and less fuel surcharges, for £1380 return. They were £1989 from LHR!
Egyptair, the cheapest from LHR to BKK, was £1,850. BA, was £2,1060.

This means saving at least well over £1,000 on one simple journey.

You will also find Emirates, Etihad, the different Chinese Airlines, at times, cheaper in Premium Economy and Business from AMS. the same at CDG with Cathay, Singapore for eg…using an EU gateway.

KLM have always charged more Ex AMS, but the largest difference has been the lessening value of the £ in recent years.

So, I am sure the investments of Schiphol’s well thought out strategy and ability to deliver, will continue to shadow LHR incapability, in every aspect of running an airport.
Certainly, the British “Government” by comparison to The Dutch.