Reply To: Schiphol airport’s €1bn plansCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Schiphol airport’s €1bn plans Reply To: Schiphol airport’s €1bn plans

MarcusUK
Participant

I genuinely wish LHR was better and i could comment positively on it, as Schiphol, voted best Airport in Europe again for 2013.

Many of us have discussed the issues so many times in many threads on BT. The UK, and London deserves an adequate hub, let alone something to be proud of, and market travelling to and through the UK.
But it has not happened. It will not be happening, and both recent Governments have failed in this regard to steer in a direction of opportunity.

I use LCY to exit towards AMS and travel long haul from there, from North London. I even find it more pleasant to take two flights for European travel with KLM.

Every time i use LHR I feel saddened by it, the poor quality rude staff in many areas, immigration queues, the lack of ready gates, delays…we all know the list! None of it does justice to London or our country. If it even had motivated polite enthusiastic staff, even with dysfunctional facilities it would make a difference. Profit comes first?

The excessive charges, Government taxes, are the highest in the world Ex LHR. Regardless of a little extra time, i make the travel enjoyable, and i save by using LCY and Schiphol as my hub. I know many who are doing the same, and are happier in their travel, and do not see it as so stressful anymore, Some save much time, and it is more reliable than using direct flights from LHR with travel to, parking, time needed to use LHR.

If Schiphol’s Management team took it over as a whole, or Singapore Ch, it would make a difference.
The fact is, it is badly Managed, and so sub-contracted out that little influence can be gained anymore, regardless of the infrastructure.

I look forwards and really enjoy my travel, short or long trips. That means i do not have to face or pay for LHR. That alone puts £5,000 a year more in my pocket, whether a return Business class ticket, redemptions, that is how much i save personally.
I have fun, enjoy my travel more, and am welcomed by the Skyteam “Club” (mainly KLM) i feel a membership of, along with the chosen hotel car groups etc. My loyalty is recognised, appreciated. It works to maintain travel being a pleasant and better experience.

Schiphol does not need to be recognised for the amount of money it puts forwards, it looks sparkling new as it is, such is the excellence of its maintaining. Putting less forwards just shows how little they need to spen to make it even better.

They have already added the floor to D terminal, allowing incoming and departing travellers more space and adding greater capacity. Nice they added the Fokker as a Museum, in the viewing area on the roof of the Airport.

LHR does not need to invest in this, as the whole Airport appears to be a Museum, stuck in its own time zone.