Reply To: BBC2 to Air “Airport Live” from Heathrow in JuneCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports BBC2 to Air “Airport Live” from Heathrow in June Reply To: BBC2 to Air “Airport Live” from Heathrow in June

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

ImissConcorde – 19/06/2013 20:14 GMT
“Airport Live”? The live reporting added nothing. It would have been best if it had been filmed and edited. Then we would never have been aware that Anita doesn’t know the difference between import and export.

LOL @ last sentence, that lass has been so annoying, asking a question only for her to interrupt the answer more than once….like you, I have no idea what the BBC’s idea was in bringing the show ‘live’ other than it was a bit of a gimmick to differentiate it from the myriad of other airport shows there have been on the telly.

I actually rather enjoyed the pre-recoded segments about the cargo (in particular the Corvette headed for Le Mans), the pets and mostly the painting of the BA plane, that was fascinating to see and with the time-lapse worked really well. The fail was again when it went live and the presenter made a monumental *bottom* of the lettering.

The tower has indeed been interesting as someone else mentions, alas it has been overdone.

All-in-all for me though, the pre-recorded stuff I’ve found quite interesting but the ‘live’ element has somewhat spoiled my enjoyment of the show.

Will still tune in for tonight’s episode though.

Regards.
AOTG.
*Edited to repair the sensitivity of “Be_Nice”……