Reply To: Forgotten Passport

Back to Forum

Senator
Participant

In Sweden, India has outsourced the handling of their visa process to a third party. I had a customer trip planned for Sunday morning, but leaving from Bergen, Norway. The problem was that on Thursday morning, I wanted to fly from Stockholm (ARN) to Bergen (BGO) to spend the weekend with my family. The complexity of the process was that given my Norwegian nationality, the processing of the passport was done in Oslo leaving little, if any room for the process.

I was booked on the seasonal Finnair (AY) service ARN-BGO at 10:30 on a cheap one-way fare. The office would open at 09:30, leaving me an hour to get to the airport assuming the passport was ready. I had a fully flexible ticket booked with SAS for 11:45 departure. Outside the agency office was a taxi parked while I collected my passport. To my great pleasure, the passport was ready and I made it.

When it comes to passport, I always have it in my travel wallet which is always in my briefcase so I will not miss it!

Experience says not to pick a side my dear LP…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls