Reply To: Fear of airports

Back to Forum

Papillion53
Participant

Morning Alexpo1 – oh my please don’t take a flight to unblock your ear! If the usual actions have failed to unblock your ear e.g. Holding your nose and “snorting”, or standing on your head, rubbing your belly clockwise (only kidding on the last one!!LOL!) , I would recommend Hopi ear candles – with a treatment carried out by a professional complementary therapist or a reflexology treatment when the therapist may be able to unblock your ear using reflex points.

I caught a nasty bug in the Outback in Oz and thought it was just a bit of a cold. It landed up as I then flew 4 times, my ear was totally blocked and I thought the same as you, if all else fails, the pressure on flying will clear it! No! I then had a horrendous night, pacing the floor with earache and subsequent perforated eardrum! This resulted in a visit to the local GP, who was absolutely brilliant and I then had to take antibiotics for a month! I tried everything to unblock my ear prior to the perforation and I was dreading flying home to the UK. Thankfully, one day it just popped and I only noticed when I realised I hadn’t had to turn round to listen to the DH – I was totally deaf in the blocked ear! Mind you, that did have its advantages on occasion!

I am a great believer in holistic therapies and visualisation techniques are great. 🙂

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls