Reply To: Why do I need to show a boarding pass when buying a magazine at the airport?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Why do I need to show a boarding pass when buying a magazine at the airport? Reply To: Why do I need to show a boarding pass when buying a magazine at the airport?

OliverOwen1
Participant

I find it really annoying , travelling twice per week (both internal flights) that I have to produce my boarding card in Boots the chemist in order to purchase a meal deal. Boots used to only take your flight number and the cashiers would manually type it in. It saved time. I now find when I travel that the queues are longer because people have to dig out their cards.

It just seems abit strange to me that Boots have gone from asking where you’re flying to, to demanding a scan of your boarding card. What do they do with my information?

I emailed them, and basically , they claim VAT back on their customers behalf for those leaving the EU. BUT, they don’t pass the saving on to said customers. I don’t know if this is standard practice but it’s pretty bad coming from a company who has defended itself to the hill, claiming it pays the correct tax in the UK.

I would urge you to email them, to revert back to simply getting their cashiers to ask travellers where they’re going. Another company lost to corporate greed I suppose. I wont hand over my boarding card to them any time soon. i now avoid them at the airport