Reply To: Security – Heathrow

Back to Forum

seasonedtraveller
Participant

Marty – this has just happened to me 2 weeks ago in Philadelphia. I went through one of the new body scanners and, on exiting, was told sharply to
‘wait there’……no more was said until after 2-3 minutes I asked if I could collect my stuff from the X-ray belt. The answer was “No, I said wait there sir” (now in raised tones). Then someone pointed right at me (security) and asked, “Is that him?”……After which I was taken into a side room (no explanation offered)…At this point I asked politely but firmly, for an explanation & was told that the machine had detected something “unusual in your groin area” “We need to search you”
I remained fully clothed but the search was, at best, intrusive & embarrassing, my genitals & buttocks were handled very directly (albeit in the presence of another security chap) and I have to say that I found this to be completely over the top. Like you Marty, I did not say anything negative because, as we all know, there would only be one winner and one loser. Needless to say, nothing was found & I was allowed on my way slightly less happy than I was when I arrived.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls