Reply To: Security – HeathrowCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Security – Heathrow Reply To: Security – Heathrow

MartynSinclair

I went through terminal 3 this morning and was very close to being involved in what could have been a nasty situation.

I left my shoes on, the bleeper went off when as I went through the metal detector and I automatically stepped aside for a pat down, after removing my shoes. I have absolutely no problem with this, except, for the second time in 2 weeks, I felt that the hand search was a little too intrusive. When this happened the first time, I ignored it as “an accident” but for the second time in two weeks the security guard who searched me put his hand full on my penis. I made a split second decision not to ask for a supervisor as I know from reading about previous incidents of this nature; this would have caused more than a few words with a supervisor.

I have no problem with any form of security checks, scanners, pat downs, bag searches etc, but I do have major issues with these sorts of pat downs.

Has anyone else experienced this and wondered how one approaches these situations without causing a scene.