Reply To: LCY Evacuation Procedures?

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

It’s an interesting post.

But I wouldn’t advise GeriLCY to post further on the matter at this stage. At very worst, this post sets out:

– a faulty megaphone (resolved by purchase of a new one, or installation/access to a loudhailer system airside)

– the clear need for someone to identify themselves as in control *from the perspective of the passenger* and focus attention onto passengers (there may perhaps have been someone performing that control role, but they were perhaps sidetracked with other issues such as ensuring the terminal was not conflagrating with people inside)….

– the need to formalise the innovative used of whiteboards to instruct people how to re-enter the terminal should perhaps be refined and made a proper part of the procedure

– there should be protocols for arriving aircraft to taxi to the far end of the stands away from evacuated passengers

Apart from that it doesn’t sound all that bad to me, but we are all inured to MarkRoberts9/MarcusUKs usual hyperbole by now. Could the-man-in-the-know from the Fire Dept. please set out what concerns he has as part of the various Acts quoted…?

Sounds like a jolly good learning opportunity to me, and glad no-one was injured.

I echo others’ posts about the excellent improvements made to LCY in recent months (nearly a year now I suppose) and hope that once a thorough investigation has taken place, Geri will be authorised to post on here demonstrable proof that improvements have been made should this happen again.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls