Reply To: LCY Evacuation Procedures?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports LCY Evacuation Procedures? Reply To: LCY Evacuation Procedures?

LuganoPirate
Participant

I’ve been following this thread with interest, not that I was there on the day this happened but as a user of LCY.

I know sometimes recollections after an event can change, and sometimes we think things are worse than they actually are, but MarcusUK’s account seems very clear and succinct, whilst the reply from LCY does indeed sound very weak and looks like they know they messed up but do not want to admit it.

I imagine StewartKidd1’s reply also spooked them but I do wish companies who are in the wrong would just admit it, explain how they will correct things and we can all move on.

The trouble is in today’s litigious world where someone is always to blame, others are looking for compensation and governments for revenue from fines, it is understandable that LCY go on the back-foot and act in a very defensive manner. In fact we are lucky to get any response from them at all, and even though they were probably in the wrong I think it takes some courage to reply, so hats off to them for that.

Perhaps in the light of all this they will examine area’s where they could “improve” matters and let us know as they do so. This would reinforce my faith in LCY and their management for the future.

It is a great airport and the improvements they have made over the last six months concerning security lines, waiting space etc have been impressive, so let’s give them a chance and though it’s no excuse, no-one, thankfully, was hurt in any way.