Reply To: LCY Evacuation Procedures?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports LCY Evacuation Procedures? Reply To: LCY Evacuation Procedures?

MarcusUK
Participant

Thank you for the responses.

The description is accurate, I am sorry LCY Management think otherwise.
The “One handheld megaphone”, was NOT working, as the member using it showed her frustration by banging it, in front of the 500 + people standing next to gate one, as she mounted the steps of the rear opf the aircraft.
Having an arriving BA jet just behind us, only just pulled off the runway with nowhere to go, engines remaining on, would have meant regardless of the One megaphone working no one would hear.

Felt tip pens and plastic Boards were the only effective communication method used, indicating either “Departing” or “Arriving”.

Perhaps we could have a whip round to produce several megaphones that have batteries that work, or LCY should invest in a tannoy system that can protect and inform customers evacuated onto the Plane stands in future?
Better still, how about an investment in a system attached to the top of the buildings for emergency use, as in every other airport in the world i have ever used?

Passengers were not separated, we were moved from under the building to the plan stand, then grouped together with arriving passengers. It was a voluntary measure of self-declaration as to where you chose to go after.

Total confusion, inaudible communications, and no apologies or explanations were made to anyone.
This after several flights cancelled, and average 3 hr delays, as LCY cannot operate properly in morning fog or mist!

I remain and will voice, serious concerns in the event of an emergency or evacuation at LCY. 500+ others judging by their comments, would all agree!