Reply To: LHR Snow Disruption – Jan 2010 Views

Back to Forum

fatbear
Participant

VK,

The message from Willie Walsh doesn’t seem to make any attempt to explain the events of Friday though……..and I don’t appear to have received such a letter, I’m obviously not as valuable a customer ( only Silver ! )

Prague Airport is better at staying open in cold weather not because they have invested more in equipment but because they know how to use it better. I read that BAA had crews working all through the night clearing the runways on Saturday night but did not know how to avoid the runways from icing up again after being cleared ( in reported temperatures of minus 2 )

Just because London has fewer days of extreme cold weather is no excuse for not knowing what to do when these days arrive. As I stated, sucessful business have contingency plans, BAA and BA do not appear to have one for cold weather, and do not seem to learnt anything from the bad weather last year, or perhaps even the cold snap of 3 weeks ago

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls