Reply To: LHR Snow Disruption – Jan 2010 ViewsCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports LHR Snow Disruption – Jan 2010 Views Reply To: LHR Snow Disruption – Jan 2010 Views

FlyingChinaman
Participant

To All:

So many debates on the inability for either BAA or BA to remove ice/snow from aircrafts and runways in order to restore air movements, all due to the lack of effective equipment in the current crisis.

On a logistic point of view, is it not possible to have a centralized “depot” where the equipment is being kept and can swiftly be moved to serve LHR or other airports in the country such as Gatwick etc. This operation can be run either by the government/or an authorized body. It could be more cost effective if it works. Surely this tactic can be considered/examined by the related authority or commission. As the saying goes “The show much go on” and the air traffic in LHR can not be paralized for days.

I wondered if the UK public has the political will in asking (demanding may be too strong) the government/or related body for a progressive change.

Or am I dreaming? I am certainly dreaming of a White Christmas in Heathrow now, perhaps also after a dozen Mai Tai in Hawaii!!!!!