Reply To: Another battle at Manchester T3 securityCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Another battle at Manchester T3 security Reply To: Another battle at Manchester T3 security

conair346
Participant

I worked for two companies in different terminals @man but I have frequented all checkpoints, pax, service & staff in all terminals. Security on staff & service channels are generally more friendly as they know we’re not ‘special’ like half the pax.

At pax security the staff tend to be a bit more irate at times because of the FF who thinks that they deserve special treatment; because of the not so frequent flyer who keeps a litre of water in the hand luggage and doesn’t read the warnings on approach to the checkpoints.
The staff are there to ultimately keep the airport safe and like all of us – they tire of people being plain stupid repeatedly. I know when I used to go through T1 or T3 pax security the calibre of the charter/lcc pax really opened my eyes. They had no idea how to go through security. Though saying that I will admit I have left my ipod in my back pocket a few times!

Places like BHD have outsourced staff who, IIRC some have been TUPE’d over 3 companies. So they tend to be more surly to everyone. At least at MAN they’re employed directly and have foreseeable job security.

If you felt so aggrieved, you should have taken their names – they do after all have to wear their passes in a visual place. Manchester Airport has a twitter and facebook presence, if you cant find an address for Andy Harrison, though his postcode is likely to be M90 1QX