Reply To: Another battle at Manchester T3 security

Back to Forum

FlyingChinaman
Participant

Conair346

I have read enough negative comments on this forum about UK airports and their surly or churlish security staff members and I have personal gone through LHR/LGW/STN on a regular basis and found this mostly true. Exceptions are far and few in between.

Since you have worked in Manchester airport and seem to have an insight of the situation with the security check points AND judging the way you described airports all around the world, I expect you to be familair with these airports in the Asian region.

Why is that each time I pass through HKG/SIN/BKK/NRT, I get the distinct impression that these security personal are extremely helpful, often quite friendly and it appears that these security officers’ main goal is to get the passengers through as effeciently and as smoothly without giving them a hard time.

Could it be the staff are overworked, UNDER paid (?) Or is it the passengers themseves are at fault?

Europe and the US airports are only marginally better than the UK but still not good enough.

Your insider’s remark would be most welcome to us, as the international travellers would get a better understand of why most of the check points have became thay way!.

I have always feel relaxed passing through in most Asian airport security check pionts and the whole airport experience is pleasant.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls