Reply To: How Much Cash do you Carry?

Back to Forum

BABenji
Participant

LuganoPirate,

I have been reading this thread and pondering your position. Your system has obviously worked for you for a number of years and you have only begun to question it as a result of your recent experience.

What are the chances of it happening again? Who knows!?

I work for a Swiss company but live in the UK. I have a CornerCard from Switzerland (I think their call centre is based in Lugano) as my company credit card and I’ve never had an issue with using it in UK . Would you perhaps consider this?

Alternatively, perhaps an HSBC account with international denominations (€, $, £) to make withdrawing cash in at least some countries easy and not too costly?

Failing that, a UK bank account into which you can electronically transfer money from Switzerland ahead of every visit so you can pay with a local debit card and also have the appropriate paper trail for your money.

I appreciate that everyone is an expert in these situations, but I thought I would put forward a couple of ideas.

All the best.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls