Reply To: How Much Cash do you Carry?

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

Once again Disgusted you turn the posts into a political diatribe to justify or in this case critisize the UK for its stringent stance on the movement of financial transaction including cash.

If you consider the the alleged elimination of a confirmed and self admitted muderer (this was your link, not mine) by an as yet unidentified Governement agency as an act of terror, in Malta, then it only reinforces why Malta should enforce stricter checks and perhaps check your dustbin occassionaly to see if anything is being hidden.

This thread is about carrying cash and the reasons behind the strict border checks. Lets understand the reason why cash is carried and then you will see the connection between cash / anti terror laws – and the need to sometimes question people who may be going about their business within the law, but are acting within a specified profile that means questioning.

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with this and as a traveller both for business and personal reasons, whatever I carry, cash, medicine or any other item that could be contencious, such as a gun magazine – if somebody at security or birder control wants to ask my reasons for having this on me, I have absolutely no issue.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls