Reply To: How Much Cash do you Carry?

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

As some people prefer cash to credit cards, I always used to prefer a call centre (human contact) than using a bank’s internet system. The issue mentioned by Simon about remembering to contact the call centre is easily overcome if you use internet banking. The high street banks I use have the facility of advising the relevant departments of my travel whereabouts without the need to speak to a call centre. Far more convenient, but all based on the need of having an internet connection.

The UK is strict in enforcing the monetary transfer rules and it is 100% right in doing so. If someone makes a personal choice to carry large amounts of cash across borders then they should be expected to explain why. If it is for legit reasons, that explanation should take no longer than 30 seconds.

I would be interested to hear why travellers take large amounts of cash, say over £5000 with them.

The anti terror laws are in place for obvious reasons, the UK is a bigger target than say the Island of Malta, hence the sad need for these laws.

Would love to here the reasons for carrying cash.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls