Reply To: Heathrow Terminal 3

Back to Forum

Inquisitive
Participant

I travelled via T3 long haul almost every month in the past 3 years. For business passengers it is not so bad, if one could check in quickly. For most airlines, check-in shall be witin 5 minutes in Business/First. SQ now have a quite spacious check-in on the left. There is a fast track for security and sometimes it takes longer, as only one channel is open – still never more than 15 min. After that you go your respective lounge. Everyone already talked about Virgin clubhouse – it is very good – on the border of pretentious. I mostly used SQ – they have a very efficient lounge with varities of food and magazines/newspapers. For First class, one could order meal from 2 or 3 alternatives. Free internet connection. And service personnel comes by with hot towel, icecream etc. Execellent. Malaysia Airlines lounge is also very good. For economy passengers (who has to pass time in the hall), T3 looks like a dense shopping mall – what is the problem? Once I was travelling economy and although I have Gold card, I decided to spent some time in the hall before going to lounge. One could easily pass an hour by window shopping, buying knic-knacs. The food outlets also looks okay. T3 is departure hall is better than T1 and T2. For obvious reason, it is inferior to T4 and T5 – but not so much for business passenger. T5 BA South business lounge entry is an idiotic design – one has to go down and up for entry and exit so many times – I wondor everytime what was the state of the mind of the designer of the lounge or the terminal.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls