Reply To: Airline and Airport Staff AttitudesCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Airline and Airport Staff Attitudes Reply To: Airline and Airport Staff Attitudes

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone!!
Simon and NTarrant you are both right in your posts.
Regarding TK here as an example about Simon’s experiences. I have the impression, eventhough you are on the right side and having a positive attitude, you still could provoke them or giving them the impression of losing their own face. Simon only refered to some basic breaches on safety, only while the TK fatal crash was still fresh at that time, the TK management react badly and fearing to lose more of credibility.
Some cultures or society react to complains, suggestions…. differently and unfortunately sometimes aggressively. Some take these as a notion for improvement, others just feel instantaneously insulted and feared to lose face or credibility.

I still see the management of the airline or airport to be the figurehead regarding these aspects. A good and exemplary leader should lead and show their staffs to do it rightly, to deal with situations properly.. Yes, you cannot always be in a good mood while doing your job everyday. But you should be able to know how to dim out personal feelings at that moment while a customer is refering to you.
About the “cultural differences”–as I have expressed in my previous posts. We are in a globalise world, the interaction between cultures are more intensively now than before. It depends in which branches we work.., the more often we encounter different cultures and attitudes, the more should we be attentive to learn and try to cope with the differences. Staying or upholding to one own’s attitudes/habits, while interacting with different people from different cultures, will only end to problems from the beginning. If you want to play “globally, you have to behave globally”. Narrow-minded local attitudes will not help you outside your local boundaries.
I know what I am saying as I have to encounter such situations almost everyday.