Reply To: Airline and Airport Staff AttitudesCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Airline and Airport Staff Attitudes Reply To: Airline and Airport Staff Attitudes

NTarrant
Participant

That is quite an interesting thought Simon. I deal in customer service monitoring in transport (although not airlines) and usually the better service is provided by the operators who have a committed management to raising the quality of their operations.

If the management is not committed then the staff will not have the right direction to provide a good service. In another thread Airpocket says that the well educated, university types, public school people provide the better service, but the not so well educated don’t. In a way he is right to a certain extent.

Having said that I have received some exceptional service from someone that “don’t talk proper like what I do” and had some offish and look down one’s nose from the “well educated”. The nub of it all is management and personality, right management and right training, consistant monitoring, kicks up the backside for poor service and pats on the back for good service.

Some people will also be natural in customer service because it is their nature and personality thta shines through with or without training. Where as in another scenario a person will “do the job” and the boxes are ticked but its not done with the smile either outwardly or in voice and body language.

How does that sound?