Reply To: Worst Major Airport in Europe?

Back to Forum

MarcusUK
Participant

Interesting views…

CDG for me is the worst. The ridiculous delays & in n out between terminals through immigration when you take LHR – EU connections, never a gate or near parking stand. It looks like a 1970’s run down London Estate, drab grey, attitudes go with it.

Afraid i do agree with the LHR comments, T4 has been like a Bomb site recently, outside of the airport Health & Safety would not allow through walkways. Wires hanging down over yr head, concrete -no carpet nails sticking out sides of door corridors, shops closed, not secured areas, confusing dirty shabby.
Trying to drive into LHR T1/2/3, is a chancy possibility, grossly unpredictable.
The take off/Landing delays seem to be ever lasting, 40-90 mins to take off in the last yr!
It is the dirtiest airport, most inefficient baggage handling, rude no care lazy staff- compared to LCY it really shows who they employ as a key factor, & their attitudes.

I think though limited, LCY is a really quick functional & pleasant experience, especially arrivals with no hassle, delays long walks or congestion, much more a feel of quality & attitude throughout the whole place.

Amsterdam remains A “Buddhist temple” of travel for me -, smooth modern, clean, art all over the airport, rest & sleep areas, plenty of space, easy connections, great lounges, & good use of psychology & colour & light everywhere. they really are making green projects happen, solar panel stairs, recycling, use of runways, take of angles etc. Transport is truly integrated, cheap & accessibile, reliable in every form.
Then again, perhaps the Dutch make this also so pleasant, & their values & attitudes, & style of social responsibility but parred with ethical business values.
The UK could learn much from this style of business & efficiency.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls