Reply To: Worst Major Airport in Europe?

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

I don’t really understand why peopleare so down on LHR.

I use it most weeks and my experiences (using T1, T3 and T5 in the past few months) have been pretty good.

Sure, BAA has not yet mastered a smooth security set up, but I can only recall queuing more than five minutes and that was when connecting EDI-LHR-KRK one busy Friday afternoon.

The shops are among the world’s best airport offering, no matter how much we might get annoyd by being shuffled past them.

There is an unparalleled range of destinations to be experienced.

Lounges are top notch, including some of the world’s best, including the T5 First and Concorde rooms, the Virgin Clubhouse and (I am tld) the new bmi and klm lounges are well regarded as well.

Delays are also getting less prevalent; BA notched up its best on time performance since privatisation this summer, and the introduction of “mixed mode” runway protocols will improve this further in the coming months.

The main bugbear is the amount of construction, lengthy corridors and sometimes shabby areas; much of this will get sorted when the construction ends and it is IMHO a price worth paying in the interim.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls