Reply To: Sydney International Airport – Surely the (1st) Worlds WorstCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Sydney International Airport – Surely the (1st) Worlds Worst Reply To: Sydney International Airport – Surely the (1st) Worlds Worst

OzTraveller
Participant

It is all so subjective as to which is the worst airport in the world (and please note, I originally said “first world”, so as not to get comments about Lagos, Pyonyang etc). But definately for my money, for a city that prides itself on being one of the great cities of the world, Sydney International (mind you I said International) Airport is a real let down. It is passenger un friendly but retail friendly. It has been built around a 1970’s original building with haphazard, un coordinated extensions ever since. Public transport is a disgrace, costly because the airport rail line from the city has been privatised. Connections to the Domestic Terminals are also a mess, a taxi won’t take you, so you are left with a bus service and a train service that is very second class.

Only the owners, Macquarie Bank, seem to think it is worthy of a city of Sydney’s reputation. Like everything that private bank does, Sydney International’s operation is only motivated by profit and bonuses for their billionaire directors.