Reply To: Best airport lounges in the world?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Best airport lounges in the world? Reply To: Best airport lounges in the world?

Sunshine
Participant

Must admit, I was very disappointed with the BA Concorde Room (First Class Lounge) in T5. It’s just not well thought out from a traveller’s perspective.

Firstly, it’s quite small, though I expect it to be smaller than the business lounge, but it acutally feels cramped. The seating is too close to one another; so if the lounge has a decent number of people, you’re walking around/over them just to get past/to a seat.

The seats are not that comfortable and very few have access to a power supply (should you want to power up your laptop). However, for me, the most annoying thing is the inability to just grab something to eat – like a packet of crisps or a small snack. You have to order drinks from a bar (when I was last there, only one barman in sight and a queue building up) and then separately order any food/snacks you want.

There is a ‘full service restaurant’ there too, which I’ve not tried. But I like the option of having a full meal or ordering something special from a ‘bar menu’ – but 90% of my time, I just want to grab a few little snacks and nibble on them while I relax before my flight.

One this with the BA business lounge that I hate – they’ve replaced all their water bottles with large glass bottles, so my old trick of grabbing a few bottles of water to take on my flight can no longer be done 🙁

That aside, for the sheer volume of people that go through it, the BA business lounges in T5 are pretty good – nice selection of food and drinks, pretty decent seating and good selection of reading material