Reply To: Best airport lounges in the world?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Best airport lounges in the world? Reply To: Best airport lounges in the world?

Listener
Participant

How about “special recognitions” for those individual lounges that may not be the BIGGEST or MOST LUXURIOUS, but offer something truly SPECIAL or UNIQUE?

*Top of my list is EVA AIR’S “The Garden” lounge at Taoyuan, Taipei airport.

Before EVA removed First Class from their flights, this lounge was for the use of Super First passengers as well as Diamond Card members. Now its only for Diamond Card members…not a bad perk for being a top-tier member of this airline.

It’s the nicest “little lounge” i have ever experienced complete with a chef who will make you any type of fresh noodle dish you want, along with other Taiwanese dishes and I have to give a special “shout out” to the bartender who has been working at EVA lounges at the airport for something like 20 years. He has the greatest laugh and loves to make special drinks for guests.

There’s also shower suites available, plenty of comfortable seats, high-speed computer work areas, and even a “garden swing” one could enjoy. Top it off with one of those “self-playing” baby grand pianos and beautiful glass artwork by a local Taiwanese artist. I truly love visiting and enjoying this lounge any chance I could get.

Anyway, there’s my “honorable mention” for those one-of-a-kind lounges in the world. I hope you will add this category to your article.