Reply To: Best airport lounges in the world?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Best airport lounges in the world? Reply To: Best airport lounges in the world?

stilllovethejumbo
Participant

When the Cathay lounges in Hong Kong opened, they redefined the luxury air travel experience on the ground. There really hasn’t been anything that has come close. The incorporation of the lounge design (“the wing”), with the architecture of this impressive airport. Having said that, the lounge is showing wear and tear and doesn’t have the same “newness” it did five to seven years ago. Bringing the best of Hong Kong hospitality to service, run and cater the lounge with the Peninsula Hotel was a sheer masterstroke by Cathay Pacific. The fact that all oneworld emerald card holders have access to the first class lounge irresepective of oneworld carrier of travel.(unlike BA which has a seperate Gold lounge and the Concorde Room for first passengers only) is another major plus. The Cabanas in the wing and day break rooms in the pier are a great place for some privacy. I always manage to get 3-4hours of sleep in the wing cabana’s when I have a long layover. The noodlebar probably has the best lounge food I have ever tasted – fresh, simple and filling. Overall