Reply To: Fast track or not, on T5Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Fast track or not, on T5 Reply To: Fast track or not, on T5

dutchyankee
Participant

It’s of course very easy to complain about security at any airport, and having flown through far too many that I wish to remember, while T5 isn’t perfect, it normally moves very quickly, especially when compared to other major gateways wirth similar traffic. The main problem I have is that when you connect in T5, go up the escalator, you would expect Fast Track to be the first few lines, and not the one all the way at the end. When busy, you have to pass by major crowds, often bumping their luggage/children/etc to get to the far end. As a normally first class passenger, I find this ridiculous. When you check in at T5, Fast Track is immediately after check-in, it should be the same for those of us connecting through as well, right after the escalator.

Another headache is all these business tycoon wannabees who are on their blackberries until the very last minute each one trying to be more impressive or look busier and hence more important than the next and who do not prepare themselves for the security conveyor until they get right up to it, and then take forever putting their things together. If you want to be really impressive, prove to us that you are a seasoned traveller and have your laptops out, coats off, belt and shoes at the ready when you get to the conveyor, that will tell us much more about how well travelled you are as oppossed to writing your wife on your blackberry!

Other than that, I think the system in place for security, is excellent.