Reply To: T5: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here?

Back to Forum

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

The truth hurts, JordanD. Telling the truth is not BA/BAA bashing.

As I said before, T5 is a slightly below par experience for a modern terminal. If you do not agree, why not put up a defence against MUC T2, rather than indulge in the cop out ‘xxxx bashing’, which in the UK is generally used as a generic deflection of fair comment.

For the avoidance of doubt, the BA lounges are better than the LH lounges at MUC, so please compare the usability of the two terminals.

Last time I used an IB lounge in T4S, I seem to remember one came up an escalator, turned left and walked straight to the lounge – very easy. And having used AF lounges in T2D at CDG heavily, a few years ago, I seem to remember that one cleared security and then walked straight to the lounge, not the crazy turn left, walk to the elevator, go down, walk ahead for 100m, go up etc. etc that Ben Hudson and PPSKrisFlyer mention.

Malta International Airport is about 50 times more efficient than Heathrow will ever be and the total distance from kerb to aircraft is about the same as that from clearing security at T5 to the BA lounges!

For a small airport, the lounge is pretty well done, too.

One always has the choice of taxpayer subsidised Air Malta or taxpayer subsidised easyJet and Ryanair. Mind you, none of these airlines was given a free fleet of aircraft like BA, were they?

By the way, VK, MIA has a single terminal that all airlines use and Air Malta does not have the same advantage as BA in having it’s own dedicated terminal.

I thought you wore Charles Church shoes, getting a bit ‘co-respondent’ like in Gucci’s, aren’t you?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls