Reply To: T5: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports T5: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here? Reply To: T5: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here?

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

Terminals with cynical ploys that favour the supply side over the demand side will not get my vote as being best of breed.

I absolutely do not buy into the apologist reasoning about fare costs, the market sets a level and above that pax numbers will be affected.

It is a disgrace that British Airways allows the operator of their dedicated terminal to inconvenience premium passengers in this way. A disgrace.

There are other issues with T5, such as the late publishing of gates and some less than ideal gates (as mentioned by other posters on other threads), as well as the tortuous flight connections process when connecting from abroad.

Just because it is better than the other terminals at LHR, is not an arbiter of its place in the world.

PPSKrisflyer makes a very good point.

So what do you find ‘interesting’ about my analysis of T5 as a slightly under par experience for a modern terminal, balanced by some of the best premium lounges in the world?

I think it is a fair assessment.