Reply To: T5: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here?

Back to Forum

Metmanmart
Participant

I also was there at 04:45 on the first day…It started off bad with the security not being able to read the boarding cards..OK it was a glitch that was sorted out,but one gripe is all the comments about the Lounges only cater for a minority of passengers..What about the 90% who travel economy..The things I found “bad” about T5 are :-
Ridiculous size and positioning of signs to the gates and other info.
Escalators from departure level only going down and none going back up.
Not enough seating for people but mainly I feel that BAA have built a Shopping Centre that people fly from instead of a Terminal to fly from that has shops…Its a big commercial centre designed mainly to make money.. I am sure that things will get better,but we should stop putting 100% blame on BA as BAA are equally to blame for the problems.
Another observation was that the Terminal was flooded with “Managers” all in suits looking important but suddenly disappeared as soon as there were problems..As usual ” too many chiefs and not enough Indians “…Heads should roll from both BA and BAA as they didn’t and never will listen to the people who are on the front line…Why is it that “Managers” always know better….These big companies will never learn..
My flight was cancelled for my return to T5 but BA acted superbly by finding a hotel plus expenses and a flight home the next day…Well done..
I will certainly be flying again from T5 with BA as this hasn’t put me off flying with BA…..

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls