Reply To: Transfers at Paris CDG

Back to Forum

AussieM
Participant

Hi there.

I travelled AF, 12th -16th April, but only through from LHR to connect to Budapest. Making my own on line booking on the AF site, iw didnt go for the flight that had a mere 45 mins connection outwards, but i did an 1hr 10mins for the return.

LHR was smooth for a change.
AF & CDG was far from it!!!

Arriving from LHR to a “Stand”, & being bussed off ,meant by the time we arrived in the Terminal 2E, we were an hr late. Further, its a hell of a sprint between terminals, up n down stairs across a connector link, but the worst is the slow Immigration & multiple security checks.

On my return it was the same, stand & bus, then a mad dash across terminals. Its inefficient, slow moving in & out of the Schengen areas. Pasport control had one Officer for the whole of Terminal E when i arrived. Even for EU passport holders they had no gate open.
I waited 25 minutes just to go through.

if you want to have a coffee, rest up a little, & for a long haul flight they begin boarding about an hr before, then you should allow a minimum of 2 hrs.

I certaionly will NOT stress myself again as this journey was with AF & the slow un-responsive CDG connections, its really poorly organised & slow. the staff throughout the airport, seem not to care or make any efforts when queues build up.

I will in future use KLM & Schipol, least there Immigration Officers are professional Prompt & respond with Officers called out of the office when queues start, & the airport is so well desgined to have every terminal entrance from the centre of the “Star” like structure.

I wish you luck, but if you could change for an earlier connection, i would do it. I would never anticipate getting a connection in under 1.5 hrs there, & certainly not a long haul. Its not how you would want to travel i am sure.

I returned last eve…so its current.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls