Reply To: Alliances compared – for frequent flyer benefitsCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Alliances compared – for frequent flyer benefits Reply To: Alliances compared – for frequent flyer benefits

KSHaggag
Participant

Definitely ,* A does not offer much unless you are Gold ,which is indeed hard to reach nowadays after most M & M carriers reduced their accrual rates ;however I discovered recently that the least attractive Star Alliance FFP is indeed Miles and More ,moreover it offers the lowest value-for-money compared to other Star Alliance carriers FFPs ..You need to clock up 100,000 miles per calendar year to reach the Gold status ( Senator ) with Miles and More whereas you just need a fraction of this amount of miles to reach the Gold status with many other ( non M & M ) Star Alliance carriers .

Skyteam might not be brilliant in all features but they do two things brilliantly : Sky Priority is working well in most countries and staff nowadays are doing their best to enforce it .At the same time ,Skyteam is the best alliance in Customer Relations and communication: i do get very regular ,on /in time newsletters and notifications about promos ,etc before they are due while *A is always lagging and do sen d their newsletters belatedly .

Oneworld is indeed the most ” consistent ” Alliance that ,as well said by all of you offers tangible benefits starting from the first tier up ( Silver ) ,which is a big plus .

I noticed that the new fourth alliance was not mentioned by anybody in this thread : Etihad Partners ..any comments so far ??