Reply To: BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum

jazzcharley
Participant

@K1ngston: “I might be wrong here, but I ask this question, I know that as a premium passenger you will be rewarded more, but what is the difference from someone who flies 30-35 sectors a year in Y as they do not have the budget or for company reasons, surely they need to be rewarded to, in fact these people are probably more loyal than premium customers who make up their Avios and tier points with less flights??

Aren’t these the people that ultimately suffer with the changes??”

Yes. I’m one of those. I commute weekly by air. In my current TP year (expiring next week, as it happens) – I’ve flown 102 sectors, for a total of 1110 TPs and just under 120,000 Avios. All my flights bar two have been UK domestic, at the lowest possible cost; my company will not pay for anything other than the cheapest flight and I’m just lucky that LHR is my closest airport – other colleagues are forced to fly Easyjet or Ryanair.

Next TP year I won’t get anywhere close to those figures. Now I see the logic of giving more rewards for more spend but bloody hell – I think my loyalty to BA deserves more than a slap in the face.

Will Silver status still be given for 50 sectors flown? I won’t get close to 600 TPs next year.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls