Reply To: BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum

peter19
Participant

I think overall it’s an ok change avios wise and could have been more restrictive.
I’m based in Scotland and it was nice to get the domestic sector as part of the reward flight. Now it is not so appealing if you wanted to say do a CE reward return – I would most likely end up just paying the fare and saving miles for upgrades.
The 50% drop is a bit of a hit on miles but suppose it distinguishes the tiers…would have been nice at 75%.

I’ll need to read up on the tier point allocation for fares but it could hit the discounted economy routes as often companies policies now are lowest fares (in whatever class) and that’s that…to think if you were an aberdeen -London commuter you would have to travel every week of the year to gain silver based on 50 flight rule as you will only earn 5 tier points if I’m right on a ecomony fare. This seems pretty harsh!

Good to see you guys have been able to snap up some reward seats though especially on the busy routes!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls