Reply To: CX Marco Polo Club revampCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes CX Marco Polo Club revamp Reply To: CX Marco Polo Club revamp

dodger10
Participant

From various news sources, it seems that CX are looking to revamp their FFP form recent research they have conducted. Sources have stated that the new program will look to reward those only in the top tiers of the program, and taking away some perks of those in the lower tiers.
They had class those in the higher tiers, their “true” loyal customers. It seems they only want to reward those travelling on business and first class, and forget about those who travel many times per year in economy.

This comes as a bit of shock to me, as I feel being “silver” I seem to be classed as NOT true loyal customer.

However over the past year, I have chosen to fly with CX or Dragonair over other airlines even though they are more expensive. My company travel policy only allows me to fly a maximum of premium economy on long haul flights. I also travel on many short haul routes around Asia but mainly in economy. I currently enjoy most of the perks of being part of FFP in getting access to the lounge, dedicated check in, priority baggage, priority boarding and the odd complimentary upgrade now and again. To me this enough for me and is what i would expect by being a loyal customer.

I am now afraid the revamp will mean that I will have these current privileges taken away from me. Not the sort of treatment I would be expecting for someone who takes 30+ flights a year with the same airline.

Anyone with similar thoughts?