Reply To: BA increases reward flight saver fees from 11th July 2013

Back to Forum

PaulFeagan
Participant

British Airways announce that the booking fee for a Reward Flight Saver will rise from the 11th July (see an extract from the BA site below). The amount of Avios required appears unchanged. Reward Flight Saver bookings are applied for bookings between two European destinations and are a good deal because the usual taxes and fees aren’t applied. This is especially good for flights to/from the UK where passenger duty is ridiculously high.

The BA site says that bookings made before the 11th July will still benefit from current pricing. I tested this for a flight next year and the fees are at the current rate.

So it’s maybe a good time to pick some future dates to burn some Avios. But be careful not to lose status or points by booking at the wrong time. I’ve expanded on this on my own blog http://www.bugadvisor.com

Reward Flight Saver on flights with British Airways
Reward Flight Saver gives you a great deal on short-haul flights. You pay for them with Avios plus a flat fee – we take care of all other taxes, fees and charges.

For flights within Europe, the flat fee is currently £30/€35 in Euro Traveller and £40/€45 in Club Europe, which will be available until 11 July 2013.

After this date, the fee will rise to £35/€42.50 in Euro Traveller and £50/€60 in Club Europe.*

To take advantage of the current prices, simply book your Reward Flight Saver before 11 July 2013.

*For Moscow, Reward Flight Saver prices will rise to £45/€55 return in World Traveller Plus and £55/€65 return in First.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls