Reply To: Flying Blue Redemption Changes 1st June 2013Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Flying Blue Redemption Changes 1st June 2013 Reply To: Flying Blue Redemption Changes 1st June 2013

janrotterdam
Participant

FBlue has never been generous with their program. It continous to be difficult to get reward flight from and to Amsterdam on a direct flight. And since the latest change in the program the required number of miles has increased significantly, whereas the surcharges have not dropped as far I can see.(despite this being promised).
Just tried to book a free business class return flight from Amsterdam to Singapore. It will cost 480.000 miles plus 458 Euro charges!!! Star Allinace offers the same trip on the same dates for 135.000 miles and 359 Euro. Guess what I booked!!
Although being a FBlue Platinum for Life I have booked most of my recent flights (last 2 years, close a 100 sectors) with Star Alliance and Emirates. And although Amsterdam Airport is closest to my home, I have learned to appreciate the advantages of Brussels and Dusseldorf airports. And I am a happy user of the twice daily flights from Rotterdam to Munich!!.