Reply To: Priority baggage handling for BAEC Gold/Silver?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Priority baggage handling for BAEC Gold/Silver? Reply To: Priority baggage handling for BAEC Gold/Silver?

flydrive
Participant

Swissdiver – actually it does matter, as if you are travelling in Y on BA, officially you do not get priority even if BAEC gold. I raised this earlier in the thread, because I’m also gold on star and elite on sky team and those alliances specifically give this benefit to those travelling Y. It appears to be a difference in benefits among the alliances (at least in theory if not in practice, granted).

Papillion, my experience on this trip as well as the last one was the same: my Y class bag came out no later than and sometimes ahead of the F bags. But agree the most important thing is that they make it all the way with you.

Cloud-9: it was explained to me that each bag is scanned and the barcode on the tag contains the flight details and class, and they load it that wayin the relevant bin. I don’t see how this is at all efficient, and clearly it often doesn’t give priority where it should, but that’s the explanation I received.