Reply To: BA Gold Card guest list

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

Are you registered on mainland Europe, STORMIN’?

BA doesn’t seem to focus so much on non-UK members.

UK members do have several tiers beyond simple Gold with added perks at each stage (most of which are rather irrelevant as you are probably flying F anyway and have enough dosh to pay for F whenever necessary if you have an all premium regular travel pattern).

These additional tiers should also be offered to EuroPeople, but I think the tier levels are different (or were before the recent changes). It should be remembered that EuroGold at 800TPs required significantly less loyalty than UK Gold did.

I had several upgrades when Silver and although I get my fair share now, I think it does seem sensible to offer those lower down the programme a taste of what’s up front, when otherwise they may not have sampled it.

Upgrading a Silver is more likely to build loyalty vs. a J to F upgrade for a Gold cardholder of many years standing who is jaded by whatever cabin they are placed in, and have an expectation of an upgrade as a matter of course, rather than being delighted by a glimpse of something they otherwise would not have experienced.

On the point of lifetime Gold status, it is strongly rumoured that this is on its way, though the form it will take and the assessment criteria are not yet known:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Lifetime-BA-Executive-Club-Status

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls