Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

batraveller2 – what exactly should we complain about?

As you say “the BA product is excellent” – but you still suggest that gold customers complain to BA exec club……

I pay a fare, I get a seat, I get lounge access and airmiles, Occasionally I get upgraded, but thats not a turn on – and for being a loyal client/customer I am rewarded by being identified by a Gold piece of plastic that is supposed to make me feel a cut above the rest.

I actually dont get it. Why do airlines bother with loyalty programes becasue if you buy the product, you get the service.

Where this is contracdictory is at the lower service levels, i.e buy a cheaper seat, enough times, and buy your way into the “club”.

Does anyone actually know the cost of BAEC, the lounges, the staff, the budget. Is there a real ROI in terms of the investment or do the lounges exist as a loyalty becasue its expected.

The lounges are a haven, but instead of pretending to reward loyal customers, why not just charge people for using it and do away with the Gold/Silver/Blue cards. Radical, but maybe sensible………..?!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls