Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholdersCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders

MartynSinclair

I am a proud Gold card holder and have been for a number of years. However, after reading all the posts on this site and scanning the posts on FT, I am really beginning to wonder what use the card is at all for me, airmiles aside of course.

I fly F or J so get lounge access regardless, gate upgrades appear more luck than card colour and if I dont get BA lounge access, I have plenty of other lounge choices (except in T5 of course, but thats never a problem).

It seems that the Gold card is of more use to the economy passenger to gain lounge access than of any real benefit to the F ot J pax.

I suppose the free seat choice is worthwhile, but it just seems to me that everyone is huffing and puffing about a subject that in reality is more about ego than anything of practical value.

I have just changed my black metal Amex card to a silver (plat) coloured piece of plastic and earned myself £1500 in the process (by the savings).

Perhaps airline loyalty cards need a total revamp with a true customer response programme to see exactly what benefits the loyal passenger really want or need.